Hydrometers are glass instruments that are calibrated and are normally used to compare the densities of liquids. They can be used to measure the specific gravity or relative density of a material.
Petroleum hydrometers, also known as API hydrometers are used to determine density, relative density, API gravity or specific gravity of crude petroleum, petroleum products or mixture of petroleum and non petroleum products, which are normally handled as liquids.
There are various applications of petroleum hydrometer. Some of it’s common applications are in:
- Petroleum Industry
- Particle Size Analysis
- Oil & Gas Plants
- Petrochemical Industry
Plastic Injection Molding Machine
There are different types of plastic molding processes including compression molding, injection molding, rotational molding and blow molding.
Among all the processes, Injection molding is a very flexible process for producing a vast range of simple or complex plastic parts. This is done with the help of injection molding machine. Injection molding is carried out by injecting melted plastic into a mold. Most thermoplastics can be processed by Injection Molding.
There are many different applications of Plastic Injection Molding Machine. Some of its applications are:
- Plastic Industry
- Automobile Industry
- Hydraulic & Pneumatics
- Engineering Prototypes
- Medical & Dental Sciences
- Power Tools
- Fibre Optics
- Measuring Instruments
Pressure Hydrometer Cylinder
- The instrument consists of a transparent plastic cylinder installed between machined aluminum end plates and surrounded by stainless steel safety guard.
- The cylinder is used along with a thermohydrometer for measuring density of samples.
- The entire equipment is mounted on a steel base.
- The instrument is provided with inlet, outlet and vapor vent valves for allowing sample and purging cylinder.
- Aluminium end plates have positive sealing rings that are joined by strong steel support rods.
- There is a top plate that dissociates easily and does not require any tool for insertion or removal of the thermohydrometer.
- Provided with a safety relief valve, which prevents unsafe pressure build-up inside cylinder.
- The instrument meets international test standards and specifications.
Reid Vapor Pressure Bath
- The equipment is easy to install and is provided with free standing or flush-mount benchtop installation.
- Provided with a programmable microprocessor for appropriate temperature control and stabilization.
- The Reid Vapor Pressure Bath meets standard specifications.
- There is a dual LED display arrangement that provides actual and setpoint temperature values in °C or °F format.
- There is an over temperature control circuit that protects the pressure bath by interrupting the power supply , when the bath temperature exceeds a programmed cut-off point.
- Provided with in-built holders that suspend test cylinders at the required depth.
- The equipment is supplied with overflow stand pipe or drain.
Reid Vapor Pressure Cylinder
- The apparatus is available in two types: one-opening type and two-opening type.
- The cylinder has two chambers, one upper and one lower. The chambers are divided in the volume ratio of 4:1.
- Provided with O-ring gaskets that offer tight seal between chambers and gauge coupling.
- One-opening type cylinder is applicable for gasoline and other products having a Reid Vapor Pressure below 26psi or 180kPa.
- The two-opening type cylinder is applicable for liquid products having a Reid Vapor Pressure above 26psi and for LPG.
- Lower chamber of two-opening cylinder comprises a straight-through ball valve and 1/4″ needle valve.
- The two-opening type cylinder is provided with accessory bleeder valve assembly.
- The equipment meets standard specifications.
Salt Spray Chamber
A common test method that uses salt spray chamber comprises of attaching the test panels in the chamber filled with aqueous solution of salt in the form of aerosol.
The common application areas of salt spray chambers are:
- Paint & Coating Industry
- Polymer Science
- Resin Industry
- Automobile Industry
- Research Laboratory
Scratch Hardness Tester
The hardness of a paint or coating effects its vulnerability to scratch damage, particularly to stress with scratching, sharp edges. Scratch hardness is measured according to the Mohs’ scale.
The apparatus is widely used in various fields. Some of the the areas where it finds application are:
- Paint Industry
- Varnish Industry
- Automobile Industry
- Furniture Industry
Smoke Point Lamp
The important features of the apparatus are:
- The equipment features a brass lamp body with chimney and gallery.
- The entire equipment is mounted on a cast iron base along with an aluminium support rod.
- There is a black glass scale with white markings from 0-50 mm.
- The equipment has a brass plated door with curved glass window.
- The apparatus has a candle socket and plated brass candle with wick tube and air vent.
- Accessories supplied with the apparatus include non-extracted cotton.
Tensile Heat Distortion Apparatus
The apparatus finds wide application in many different fields. Some of its application areas are:
- Plastic Industry
- Chemical Industry
- Research & Development
Tensile Testing Machine
The tensile testing machine used in plastic industry helps to evaluate the tensile strength and elongation of plastic.
Salient Features of Tensile Testing Machine:
- The test frame is constructed from heavy mild steel sections to give it the required rigidity and strength.
- The machine is provided with built in safety arrangements such as over-load and over-travel protection.
- There is a provision to automatically stop the motor of the machine on failure of the test specimen.
- The tensile testing equipment gives a corrosion resistant finish and is finished in hammertone stoving painting and bright chrome or zinc plating.
- For safe and easy operation, the machine is provided with electricals including push buttons, micro-switches and contactors.
- The equipment is supplied with some optional accessories including a variety of grips for holding different materials or for conducting different tests.
Vicat Softening Point Apparatus
The Vicat softening temperature is defined as the temperature at which a flat-ended needle penetrates the specimen to the depth of 1 mm under a specific load.
- The apparatus consists of a temperature regulated oil bath.
- The oil bath is provided with a flat ended needle penetrator mounted to record the extent of penetration on a gauge.
- The specimen is placed with the needle resting on the bath.
- The temperature of the bath is elevated at the rate of 50° C per hour or 120° C per hour.
It can be used to determine the viscous properties of petroleum products in a defined temperature. It measures viscosity of new & used oils, fuel oil, light petroleum products like jet fuel diesel, etc.; and other petroleum products.
Commonly used in the following areas:
- Mineral oil industry (oils, liquid hydrocarbons)
- Chemical industry (polymer solutions, solvents, resin solutions, etc.)
- Petroleum industry (light crude, machine oil, crude petroleum)
- Cosmetic/Pharmaceutical industry and Petroleum industry (light crude, machine oil, crude petroleum)
- Fuels (petrol, diesel oil, paraffin)
- Paper industry