Abrasion Testing Machine
Abrasion testing machine is used to test crushed rock, crushed slag and uncrushed gravel for resistance to abrasion. The machine determines the resistance to wear of small size coarse aggregates and crushed rocks.
- The machine comprises of a hollow cylinder, which is horizontally mounted on a strong frame on ball bearings.
- The machine is supplied with abrasive charges consisting of a set of 12 hardened steel balls having approximately 48 mm diameter.
- The cylinder has an opening, which can be closed with a dust tight cover to promote charging and discharging the cylinder with the material under test.
- It consists of a detachable extension that extends throughout the interior of the cylinder and prevents it from falling on the cover.
- The cylinder is rotated by an electric motor through a heavy reduction gear.
- A revolution counter is attached to the frame and provided with tray for collection of materials at the end of the test.
Aggregate Crushing Value Apparatus
This equipment is used to determine crushing properties of aggregates. The aggregate crushing value indicates the ability of an aggregate to resist crushing. The lower the value, the stronger the aggregate, that is the greater is its ability to resist crushing.
The aggregate crushing value provides a relative measure of the resistance of an aggregate to crushing under a gradually applied compressive load. The important application area of the equipment are :
- Cement & Concrete industry
- Construction (Building, Roads, Bridges, Dams, etc.)
- Ceramic Industry
- Calibration Laboratories/Test Houses